Monowar Bhuyan is a WASP Assistant Professor (biträdande universitetslektor) in the Department of Computing Science, Umeå University, Sweden since January 2020 and one of the research group leaders in Autonomous Distributed Systems Lab led by Prof. Erik Elmroth. Before this, he was a Visiting Researcher in the Laboratory for Cyber Resilience led by Prof. Youki Kadobayashi at NAIST, Japan from April to December 2019 funded by NICT, Japan. Monowar hold postdoc-cum-researcher position in the Department of Computing Science, Umeå University, Sweden from September 2017 to December 2019. Monowar worked as Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Assam Kaziranga University, Jorhat, India from November 2016 to September 2019. Before that, he has been served as Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in the same Department from July 2013 to October 2016. He worked as a Researcher in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Tezpur University, India from January 2009 to June 2013. He primarily works in machine learning, anomaly detection, security and privacy, trustworthy AI, and distributed systems.
Monowar Bhuyan was born and brought up at Goalpara, Assam (North-eastern Region of India). Later, he moved to Tezpur on August 2007 where he obtained his M.Tech. and Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in data mining and computer security from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Tezpur University (a Central University), Assam, India in 2009 and 2014, respectively. He has been worked under the supervision of Prof. Dhruba Kr. Bhattacharyya, Tezpur University (a Central University), Tezpur, India and Prof. Jugal Kr. Kalita, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, USA. He obtained B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi. During his Ph.D., he has been awarded Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India.
Monowar has published several articles in reputed international conferences and journals and written a book on network traffic anomaly detection and prevention with Springer International, Germany. Monowar Bhuyan has been awarded best paper award in ACM ICACCI 2012 for his contributions. Monowar has also been awarded best faculty award by Assam Kaziranga University in 2016. He was awarded a fellowship for attending the IETF 98 physical meeting held on March 26-31, 2017 at Chicago, Illinois, USA, which was approved by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
- 6/2021 - Hiring - an attractive PhD position with a focus on trustworhty anomaly detection, WASP funded at Umeå University, Sweden (Deadline for application - August 22, 2021).
- 5/2021 - Congratulations! Babou - a paper accepted in IEEE FiCloud, Aug 23-25, 2021, Rome, Italy.
- 5/2021 - Congratulations! Javad - a paper accepted in ARES, Aug 17-20, 2021, Vienna, Austria.
- 3/2021 - Congratulations! Enkhtur - a paper accepted in IEA/AIE, July 26-29, 2021, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2/2021 - Congratulations! Enkhtur - a paper accepted in Internet of Things Journal, Elsevier.
- 2/2021 - International Advisory Committee in The 3rd International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Signal Processing (MISP), September 23-25, 2021, India (consider submitting your work!).
- 1/2021 - Teaching Distributed Systems, Spring Term 2021.
- 1/2021 - Publicity Co-chair at 8th International Doctoral Symposium on Applied Computation and Security Systems (ACSS-2021), April 09-10, 2021, University of Calcutta, India.
- 9/2020 - Guest Editor (Special Issue) at Sensors MDPI on Advanced Machine Learning Techniques for Biomedical Imaging Sensing and Healthcare Applications, Deadline: March 20, 2021.
- 9/2020 - Congratulations! Sourasekhar - a paper accepted in The 33rd Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AJCAI2020), 29 - 30 Nov, 2020, Australia.
- 9/2020 - Congratulations! Ayush - a paper accepted in The 27th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP2020), 18-22 November, 2020, Thailand.
- 7/2020 - Congratulations! Babu - a paper accepted in IEEE Access, USA.
- 6/2020 - Hiring - an attractive postdoc with a focus on robust machine learning at Umeå University, Sweden (Deadline for application - October 27, 2020).
- 3/2020 - Organizing a special session at The IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC 2020) on Data Analytics and Computation Intelligence for the Internet of Everything, Toronto, Canada, Oct 11-14, 2020.
- 3/2020 - Congratulations! Ahlam - a paper accepted in IJCNN 2020 The International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN) , 19 - 24th July, 2020, Glasgow (UK).
- 3/2020 - two paper accepted in AIAI 2020 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, 5-7 June, 2020, Halkidiki, Greece.
- 3/2020 - Hiring - an attractive postdoc with a focus on federated machine learning at Umeå University, Sweden (Deadline for application - May 11, 2020).
- 1/2020 - Publicity Co-chair at 7th International Conference on Soft Computing and Machine Intelligence, Nov 14-15, 2020, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 12/2019 - Hiring - two very attractive fully-funded PhD positions in distributed deep learning and trustworthy machine learning at Umeå University, Sweden (Deadline for application - February 20, 2020).
- 9/2019 - Bhuyan is joining as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning, Department of Computing Science at Umeå University, Sweden this fall.
- 9/2019 - Congratulations! Abhishek - a paper accepted in 14th International Joint Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (iSAI-NLP), October 30 - November 1, 2019, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- If you are a student interested in working with me, read this first.